Over 100 years ago, Dr. Carl Siebert and Albert Kühn founded their company focussed on the development and production of high quality measurement equipment. That was the beginning of the success story SIKA has been since then; SIKA offers optimum solutions to numerous measurement problems, drawing on a broad range of products and developments.
One of their products is the commonly-used SIKA set.
A SIKA set is used on many vessels for a large variety of measurement purposes and consists of the following measuring equipment:
1. Temperature calibrator
SIKA’s dry-block temperature calibrators are hand-carry able and range up to 650°C with a 1°C accuracy and is available in 110V and 220V. Hence it can be used for numerous measuring.
The dry block covers the entire temperature range without the need to change the calibration medium. Viscosity, flash points or out gassing are of no concern.
2. Pressure calibrator
A pressure calibrator consists of digital pressure gauge and a hand pump (together with a hose and several adaptors, packed safely in a case. General range is -1 up to +60 Bar.
The pressure calibrator is designed to enable a direct connection of all pressure systems to be tested using adapters. The test sample is easily connected using the rugged industrial hose with integrated quick coupling and supplied adapters. The reference is fitted directly at the top of the pump using a positioning adapter.
3. Temperature gauge
SIKA’s temperature gauge is a digital universal temperature hand-held instrument for use with PT100 exchangeable sensors. It is very lightweight and easy to carry. It has two ranges available; lower temperature ranging from -199.99°C up to +199.00°C and higher temperature ranging from +200.0°C up to +850.0°C and it offers scalable outputs for easy data readout.
The innovative design of the attractive housing and the advanced technology make the sensors comfortable to operate. In mobile use, all functions can be selected and carried out easily by pressing the buttons. The membrane keypad guarantees protection against dust and moisture.
What can Ravebo do for you?
Ravebo’s in-house calibration facility is fully equipped for the calibration and reparation of SIKA set equipment and we have been doing so for many years. We have replacement parts or replacement equipment direct available.
What do we do when calibrating a SIKA set?
1. We check the arrived set on completeness and condition. If required, equipment will be cleaned.
2. We inspect the digital pressure gauge, when founding OK it will be pressure-tested on our calibration pressure bank (which can go up to 2500 Bar!) and we compare it’s accuracy. Also the hand-pump will be checked on proper functioning and serviced when needed.
3. The temperature calibrator first gets inspected and after founding OK, it’s tested on its full range (0-650°C) testing various temperatures. Outcomes will be monitored and compared with our calibration equipment.
4. Last item to inspect is the digital temperature gauge, which after that will be calibrated as well on a range starting at -20°C and up to 400°C. Again the outcomes will be compared to our calibration equipment.
5. After all calibrations are done, the measured values will be digitalized in our system and new calibration certificates will be provided for the calibrated equipment. Another SIKA set found safe and accurate to use, ready to head for the vessel!